1) Introductions and Announcements
2) Question/Answers about Wonky Half Log Cabin block challenge by the Philanthropy Committee. Details were sent out by Email or see more here: Wonky Quarter Log Cabin Challenge
3) “Photographing your quilts” High quality images are critical to get your quilts accepted into juried shows, such as QuiltCon. Caro Sheridan, NMQG member, CEO & maker in charge of Splityarn Handmade and Photography will share her expertise with us.
4) Favorite quilting blogs/tutorial share. We are going to (finally!) fill up our NMQG web page for blogs and tutorials. Please send me your top 5 favorite blogs to firstname.lastname@example.org (note – this is a different e-mail than I usually use- so I can better keep track of things) by Saturday April 30 . I’ll need:
- the blog/tutorial name
- why you like it
At the meeting, we’ll peek at our web page and explore some of our member’s favorite blogs and information sources.
5) May Day 3-D Fabric Flower exchange. Feeling crafty? Do you have any extra fabric hanging around? In honor of our May Day Meeting, we’re having an optional 3D flower exchange. If you want to join, create a fabric flower to swap with other members. There are many tutorials available on-line, and feel free to use any technique/fabric you like.
6) Quick sharing. The last 15 minutes of the meeting will be devoted to sharing.
One last note – a gentle reminder to everyone to remember to wear your quilty nametags. It’s really helpful for those of us who find it difficult to remember names (but never forget a fabric line!)
Cheers! Lynne (NMQG Secretary)
We meet at the at the Rocky Hill co-housing community. The map and directions are also our web page http://northamptonmqg.com/welcome-to-the-northampton-modern-quilt-guild/ While it’s ok to drop off heavy items by the door, we have been asked to park along Black Birch Trail, before we reach the stop sign. There may be some walking to this location, so if you have mobility issues, please let me know and we can try to work out a carpool. Also, as we are guests at this location, and we have been asked to bring along slippers so we can remove our shoes.