Hello Northampton Modern Quilters!
Our October meeting will be on Sunday October 4th from 12-2 At the Common House of the Rocky Hill co-housing community. We have a great program with a Timna Tarr, we will also have a business meeting.
1) Scheduling changes. There will be a discussion of moving to a 9 month (Sept –May) meeting schedule.
2) Discussion of Guild Dues. The guild leadership wants to increase the meeting dues to cover costs of supplies as well as bringing in high quality speakers. The MQG association also become more expensive as we gain membership. The officers are proposed to raise the dues from the current $36 to $50. So currently, our per meeting cost is $3 x 12 meetings – and if we agree to move to 9 meetings a year with the higher guild dues, in the future it will be $5.56 x 9 meetings.
3) Committee Assignments. The guild leadership wants to expand involvement of all members in the guild. For this reason, we’ll be asking everyone to sign up for one standing committee. The committees we propose are as follows:
- Programming Committee Responsibilities: plan program, responsible finding an individual who can take responsibility for each monthly meetings
- Communication Committee. Responsibilities: write up meeting summary for the web page.
- Membership Committee Responsibilities: Work on increasing membership, reach out to members who have dropped membership.
- Charity Committee. Responsibilities: Identify charity opportunity, organize projects.
1) Our own Timna Tarr will present “Now What? Choosing the Right Quilting Design”. She will talk about why some quilting designs work better on some quilts than others, and how thread and batting choices affect the overall look of the finished quilt.
2) Share, share, share! The last 20-30 minutes of our program will be devoted to sharing your most recent work.
Scheduling Change! Next Meeting will be an all-day charity sew in on Saturday November 7th (10-5 pm) at a Notion to Quilt in Shelburne MA. The goal is to finish up the charity quilts we have semi completed (Red-White-Blue, Leaves, and Wonky Stars). More info to follow.